This is the update on COVID vaccines, and specifically the process for submitting an exemption request, which we just received today.
- Use the attached forms to request an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination:
- Medical exemption: use DD 3176, which includes a medical doctor requirement
- Religious exemption: use DD 3177
- A memo can be used instead of the forms, but must contain the information directed in Supplement 23 (Revision 2), also attached.
- Submit exemption requests to your supervisor ASAP, but NLT 10 November, if possible.
- Supervisors will receive and maintain exemption forms IAW Attachment 9 – Privacy Requirements. Safeguard the info and only those with a need to know should handle/have access. “While such information may be sensitive and is to be safeguarded, it is not covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the associated HIPAA Rules.”
- There is still no mention of approval authority or process; that information will come later.
- Please attend any Townhalls held by your Agencies regarding the Mandate. This is a great opportunity to ask questions and also receive information on some concerns you might have.
*AFGE Local 1920 will attempt to keep you updated on the latest information we receive as we receive it. Please stay Safe!